Parent Coaching and Techniques
Help with Parenting Children and Teenagers
We serve adults at all ages struggling with issues of parenting their children, and we help to create a positive working behavior plan for the home and school. We assist you in developing positive ways to interact with your children and have fun! We help parents going through divorce on positive ways to communicate with each other as well as their children.
Sometimes parents need guidance for parenting strategies, assistance with the school on an academic issue, and connection with other parents in the community to assure that their child is safe and thriving. We work with parents of adolescents and teenagers to better understand challenges they are having while parenting.
Parents receive action-oriented practical help (resources, tools, and relevant information) along with ideas and support which often bring smooth “solutions.” Parent consultations focus on today rather than working on past difficulties. Some parents only need one session to resolve a problem. Others use parent consultations regularly to assist with decision-making and mediation.
This service is also used for co-parents who do not live together. Parent consultations can be used when co-parents need to work through parenting differences or to assist with decision-making in order to reach a parenting agreement.
When do Parents use Parenting Consultations:
- When making decisions that will greatly affect you and your teen.
- To manage TV, internet, cell phone, video games, and media influences on your teenager.
- To address discipline challenges and peer-related issues.
- To better understand and nurture adolescent development.
- To better manage school/homework battles.
- During transitions as you move into a new role as your child matures.
- Throughout a divorce or new marriage.
- During the process of co-parenting.
- To navigate the school system so you can be a more effective parent advocate.
- To assess and define parenting styles; how to leverage the strengths of each style to team-parent more effectively.
- To talk about difficult topics with your teen.
- To be a positive parent
Atlanta Parenting Support Group
Our Parenting Support group is coming this spring to the Marietta office! Parents of current or past clients and newly joined parents are welcome to join this one hour group for $35. This group will provide assistance navigating new diagnoses and general family and parental support.
Please contact the office at 770-726-9624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can join.