Atlanta Adolescent and Young Adult Group Therapy
Young Adult Social Skills and Transition Groups
The post-high school or college years mark new beginnings. This time of transitions presents young adults with new freedom and opportunity, as well as challenges and life-changing decisions.
Inneractions offers groups to help with this time geared towards young adults, aged 18-30, who need to improve their social and emotional well-being. Group work is a powerful tool for enhancing self-esteem and solving problems more effectively. Group provides a supportive forum to work on goals, such as:
- Improving self-esteem and strengthening identity
- Developing an ability to express anger effectively
- Coping effectively with conflicts
- Improving communication and listening skills
- Overcoming social anxiety
- Becoming more independent from your family
- Making meaningful friendships, outside of the structure of school/work
- Beginning professional relationships, and starting new jobs or a new career
- Growing interest in dating or pursuing deeper relationships
- Other changing expectations when entering adulthood
Regular group social outings (which are arranged by group participants) enhance the opportunity to partake in group activities in the natural environment. For your connivence, we offer young adult groups at our Marietta and Johns Creek locations.
Meets every Tuesday from 6:00-7:00pm (Marietta)
Meets weekly at Johns Creek (new day and time coming soon).
Participants must provide their own transportation and cover any additional costs incurred at the outings.